Mon, Dec 19|
Kindred Moon Apothecary (Radiance)
Winter Solstice Drum Making Fundraiser at Radiance Kindred Moon
Drum in the Sun with a new Drum Baby!
Time & Location
Dec 19, 2022, 1:00 PM PST – Dec 20, 2022, 6:00 PM PST
Kindred Moon Apothecary (Radiance), 113 5th Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501, USA
About the Event
Have you ever wanted to make a drum?
This class will make a hoop style drums with deer hide using upcycled wooden bowls as the frames.
Sarah Heartsong is excited to help you birth your drum with this time-honored art form that spans many cultures that she’s brought into this modern day.
The whole day is in ceremony.
We start with a Journey to envision your Drum, its spiritual significance to you and your Work in this World as well as colors, images and elements to include in its making.
Each drum will be able to be dyed while wet according to your Vision with Sarah’s help, but this is YOUR sacred drum making for YOUR vision of this Drum.
Some more details:
- There will be a selection of hoops to choose between and between 9"-12" diameter.
- You will cut, dye and string your own drum with Heartsong’s help.
- You can bring snacks to share. We will have a selection of hot teas to share.
- Most of the class will be taught at your pace so you can take care of yourself as needed. (Breaks happen as you need them, but Heartsong will help keep you on track with timing.)
- You will leave with a wet drum and will need to let it dry to get to the final stage where you can hear the true voice of your drum (takes a couple days or so). This particular drum making will have this drying process happen over the Solstice, which is a Magical Time and we’ll bring in some of those Teachings to this Making as well.
- If you decide to dye the hide your hands will probably end up dyed as well. Wear comfy clothes you won't be upset if they get some dye on them. (You probably won't if you are careful, but one never knows, so be warned.)
- Times are approximate as we may finish early depending on how long it takes everyone to get through. We will start on time, so please arrive a little before 1:00, if at all possible.
This is a fundraiser for Erosia Land Sanctuary in Shelton, WA. We’re putting in campsites and will be hosting a place where spiritual seekers can come pray on Land held in a Sacred Way. This also supports the preservation of our forests and our Goddess Tree, Ambrosia. Thank you for your help!
Winter Solstice Drum Making
Pay what you want
This is for the workshop where you will create one 9"-12" drum from an upcycled bowl and deer hide. This ticket is for entry to the event for one person. This is a fundraiser. Please let us know if you need anything else if you itemize donations on a tax return, otherwise your ticket will be your receipt.
Pay what you want0
Sarah Heartsong, who is our Main sanctuary Servant, will share her experience in a variety of ritual/ceremonial settings both in observing others techniques of Perfect timing and having some success and failures in her own Workings. Sarah's adept at setting up discussions and will call upon the Wisdom in the Room to help explore this subject. Her 20+ years of background in both types of "traditional learning", having both college and years of experiential learning walking in Naturecentric spiritual circles, provides fertile ground from which to share! Let's see what Wisdom we can cultivate together!
Sarah Heartsong attends the Council meeting from Erosia in Shelton, Washington, one of our TOLIS Land Sanctuaries. Sarah is an ordained priestess (over 25 years of Sacred Service), the founder of the Tree of Life Interfaith Sanctuary (TOLIS), currently holding the title of Main Sanctuary Servant, and is the Lady of the Land of Erosia. She holds a BA in Religion/Global Studies, and a MA in Communication Studies. She is also a professional artisan with Heartsong Healing Arts’ Rare Earth Designs, which you can find at Heartsong Healing Arts and Rare Earth Designs and on Etsy.
Best contacts are though email at TOLISanctuary@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and available for text/phone at 575-640-8506. Sarah spends most of her days now walking the 13 acres of Erosia, doing art and scheming future plans such as creating a Beltane 2023 and Healing Aphrodite's Priest/ess trainings and priest/ess facilitated Aphrodite Touch Temples.
Joshua Rex, M.A.T. brings to his classes and workshops a sense of play and curiosity through integrating his extensive training in transformational coaching, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Neurolingusitic Programming, Energetics, and Quantum Storytelling. Joshua has worked for 2 decades in behavioral health and education assisting people from age 5 to middle age with life skills to support them in achieving their academic, personal, and professional goals. He has Master's degrees in Teaching and Communication Studies. He currently works as a behavioral consultant and coach for people struggling with trauma, addiction and to create new workplaces, which are trauma-informed in all their practices, including management styles. Joshua also works with a Montessori school for children in Silver City, NM and can be seen all over the world, really, in this modern day of the internet. He’s been using Zoom through Mastery of Life well before the rest of us and continues to be a pro, showing us possibilities of how connected we can be in this modern day. Joshua is the Secretary of the Board of the Tree of Life Interfaith Sanctuary.